[Gnumed-devel] setCOB ()

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] setCOB ()
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 23:16:35 +1100

Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> you are using a signal to return the error to the caller.
No, to a function in gmGuiMain which displays the error message.
[currently in the statusbar, however I think this is taking my prejudice
against popups too far: we may wish to interrupt the user if they
enter invalid data]

This is to try and keep error reporting out of the GUI layer code:
I don't want to have to wrap every call to the business layer
in try..except clauses.

Ian
PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E