Re: [Gnumed-devel] ASCII export

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] ASCII export
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 01:50:19 +0100

> What requirements if any have been assembled for the ASCII export, for
> example tags to identify the included fields?
None. Readibility is the only concern. This is to attest to
our intent to make export available.

Export has two directions to go off into:

export formats: you name it

export amount:
 eventually, I'd imagine a widget that let's me select
health problems, episodes, encounters, time ranges, data types
(SOAP style) in nearly arbitrary combinations and makes the
data thus selected available to a next-in-chain formatter. The
widget could be initialized with some constraints (same ones
as listed above). But all that is post 0.1

0.1 should simply export the EMR data into a text file. One or
several patients. All, or time range or
issue/episode/encounter constrained.

Even with this simple tool I can already generate useful text
files for inclusion in legacy-app referral letters, such as a
dump of the lab data in a given time range. Useful, no ? Or
generate a complete listing of a patient's chart for encrypted
mailing to his next treating physician. Or generate a full
cleartext dump of all my e charts for zipping/hashing/signing.

Simplicity rules.