[Gnumed-devel] My Kmail has crapped itself

From: richard terry
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] My Kmail has crapped itself
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:50:34 +1100

Considering it contains mega amounts and years of emails (backed up) this is disconcerting.

My fault in that I accidentally turned the power key in my hard drive caddie whilst the machine was running, so I guess that killed something.

So I'm using thunderbird to send this:

Error message

address@hidden:~/Desktop$ kmail
QGArray::at: Absolute index 0 out of range
ERROR: Communication problem with kmail, it probably crashed.

From fiddling I've found the following:

- Kmail still runs as root
- Deleting my ~/Mail directory allows Kmail to re-create a new set of mail
boxes and runs ok as user richard
- Fiddling with the config files in ~.kde/....... kmail/... does nothing

From my programming experience the error message would seem to indicate that
one the the index files in my kmail directory is corrupted, however as I've
literally hundreds of mail boxes finding which one is problematic.

I've thought of running another mail program - importing the kmail stuff, then
exporting to a new instance of kmail but can't find any obvious import filters
for kmail.

Any idea's appreciated.

Richard