Re: [Gnumed-devel] ASCII record exporter (Carlo/David)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] ASCII record exporter (Carlo/David)
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 16:24:34 +0200

Hi Carlos,

> I send you current dump
I like that !  Looks like what I can give to my colleagues and
have them make sense out of it. Nice.

Now it's easier to discuss some of the finer points:

Eventually using "value objects" may make it more convenient to
do all this: The object will know how to output itself in text
format. It should provide a __str__ and a __repr__ method as
well as eventually various dump(verbosity=0) methods.

>          Patient course of treatment is in current implementacion shown as a
> tree grouped like this:
>             health issues  -> episodes -> encounters  -> items ... and
> ordered by date.
Perfect for a dump, IMHO. It may be worth to provide a short
tree listing issues -> episodes -> encounter *range* at the
top. This would allow for quicker reference by a clinician.

> Should we provide a tree structured view of items, or we
> should display them as date ordered list of similar items, as
> in http://webpatdata.mine.nu/DavidGuest/DavidGuest.html, or
> maybe try an alternate mixed way?
Personally, as a doc, I would opt for a tree that lets me
search issue -> episode -> encounter(s) and then lists items
by timestamp.

> DEMOGRAPHICS for patient:
>    ID: 12
- we should add PUPIC and external IDs here

>    NAME (Active): James T., Kirk
- this is where the all=None flag comes in for
  export_demographics(): if all=True show all names the
  patient ever had

>    GENDER: m
There's a gmDemographics.map_gender_gm2long dict.

> 2)Vaccination status:
>    .Vaccination indications:
>       2000-09-17 00:00:00.00, tetanus, Tetasorbat SSW
>    .Due vaccinations:
>    .Overdue vaccinations:
I wonder if eventually it'd be possible to turn this into a
"table" like this:

indication tetanus
 #1 date, vaccine, batch_no
 #2 ...
indication ...
indication ...

due:

overdue:

> | However I really like the use of SSL for communication with
> | patients. We have played with this a bit for making our patient's
> | data available on line. (I have a humble example.
> | (http://webpatdata.mine.nu/DavidGuest/DavidGuest.html
>
> username: webpatdata
> password: remoteaccess

Can we put this into the Wiki linked to ASCII export ?