Re: [Gnumed-devel] ASCII record exporter (Carlo/David)

From: Carlos Moro
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] ASCII record exporter (Carlo/David)
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 01:26:13 +0200

Hi,

On Wednesday 07 April 2004 16:24, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Eventually using "value objects" may make it more convenient to
> do all this: The object will know how to output itself in text
> format. It should provide a __str__ and a __repr__ method as
> well as eventually various dump(verbosity=0) methods.

It's currently implemented in that way ;). I'll try to send you the files
tonight/tomorrow, as a first value objects version...

> >          Patient course of treatment is in current implementacion shown
> > as a tree grouped like this: health issues  -> episodes -> encounters  ->
> > items ... and ordered by date.

I agree, i think it's an informative and clear way of displaying patient
course...

> Perfect for a dump, IMHO. It may be worth to provide a short
> tree listing issues -> episodes -> encounter *range* at the
> top. This would allow for quicker reference by a clinician.

Sure. Dou you mean a brief schema of the contents? , eg
        Issue 1:
                Episode 1:
                        Enconter 1
                Episode 2
        Issue 2:
        ... just displaying the name of the issue, the title of the episode and
eg.,
de date of the enconter?

        ...Or some kind of table
                Issue | Episode | Encounter | Item

        ...Or another idea:

> - we should add PUPIC and external IDs here
> - this is where the all=None flag comes in for
>   export_demographics(): if all=True show all names the
>   patient ever had
> There's a gmDemographics.map_gender_gm2long dict.

Right, i take note to implement it ;)

Best regards,
Carlos