Re: [Gnumed-devel] feedback re business/gmOrganisation.py

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] feedback re business/gmOrganisation.py
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 15:18:45 +0200

> The draft code was "re-factored" so that multiple  org objects can be
> constructed with 4 calls:
> e.g. first call , get the ids with an sql select of desired org objects.
> second call, get the comm_channel info for those ids, and organize by
> org_id,
> and third call get the address info for those ids , and organize by org_id.
> This allows  "findOrgsBy...( )" aggregate functions to reduce the number
> of sql calls.
> Begs the question why not just use a massive select like Richard's
> original contacts
> example posted, as that just requires query processing in the backend
> and one sql call.
Which in turn begs the question if the current business object
cOrganization handles the proper scope or whether it should be
cOrgs. Which in turn makes us wonder whether cOrgs should be
derived from cClinItem at all. After all, it isn't a clinical
item. It seems apparent, though, that we'll need a
gmMedicalOffice object that handles just one org which we can
use for practices and labs. I know I would use it in the lab
importer.