Re: [Gnumed-devel] feedback re business/gmOrganisation.py

From: sjtan
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] feedback re business/gmOrganisation.py
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 02:37:08 +0000

which in turn begs the question if the current business object
cOrganization handles the proper scope or whether it should be
cOrgs.

cOrganization has been obsoleted; currently the attempt is with
cOrgHelperImpl1 , which implements cOrgHelper interface.
Yes, you could have a cOrgs class that has all the module level methods for
getting multiple orgs comm channel data and address data; it hasn't been done yet because the module itself is like a singleton object of a cOrgs class, but will
do it if a need arises.
I still think a org class is useful as it gives an interface for editing and viewing one
org, and saving and reloading only one org when only one is needed.

Which in turn makes us wonder whether cOrgs should be
derived from cClinItem at all. After all, it isn't a clinical
item. It seems apparent, though, that we'll need a
gmMedicalOffice object that handles just one org which we can
use for practices and labs. I know I would use it in the lab
importer.
I'm not sure if cOrgHelper has all the responsibilities needed from gmMedicalOffice. Can gmMedicalOffice make use of a cOrgHelper object? Otherwise I can rename it
if it suits the role.

Sorry for all the OO jargon, just pretending ;)