[Gnumed-devel] website suggestions

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] website suggestions
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 08:49:08 -0700

From the wiki page http://hherb.com/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Gnumed/WebsiteSupport:

Website suggestions/corrections:
Hello ! Just a few suggestions/modifications so that the website looks better. I hope I am using Wiki correctly, as I just started...

(EDIT: actually I don't think I used it correctly, I should have added this to your precedent page, or am I wrong ? If yes can you tell me how to do that ? Thanks)

Hi Dominique

You made some good points, some issues of which we are aware, but unsure how best to resolve. I will comment them later back to the list.

Yes, you did replace what was there, instead of inserting below (or creating a daughter topic like WebFeedback) but it is easy to fix.
Back at the wiki, while positioned on the page in question:
i) to view what is different, click "Diffs". What had been there before will have a red margin, what you had added in green. But this is not adequate because it shows formatted text, we need the raw text to add back in, so
ii) click "Back" in your browser, then click the "More" link
- - - in the area View previous topic revision:, enter 1.1 also activating the "raw" option then click the "View revision" button
- - - select what we want to re-use (I would copy it all)
- - - click browser's "Back" button twice to get back to the display of the current version - - - click "Edit" and just paste the content in at top. Preview and Save the changes.

If you are busy, I can easily and quickly do the above. Will leave it for a day or two in case you want to try it. For example in place of retaining all the feedback on the page, you could at bottom of the original text add WebFeedback at the same level ( *) as WebToDo, save the page, click the resulting stub "question mark" (it will appear as WebFeedback?) and move your suggestions to the resulting new topic. As you saw from the web site, I have already acted on some of them, but will do more shortly (my mother is visiting for another 2 days from 2,000 km away - Canada is BIG!).

PS you may note your signature at that page bottom has a question mark. That is because you added it as a seeming WikiWord, normally in creating or changing pages one copies and pastes, from the Edit page footer, the entire signature block as -- Main.DominiqueBuenzli - 25 May 2004

--- Jim Busser