Re: [Gnumed-devel] low performance when working from remote server

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] low performance when working from remote server
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 16:19:16 +1000

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 12:22, Jim Busser wrote:
> On Jun 3, 2004, at 11:47 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > can you follow this thread in the Wiki under Performance or
> > some such topic ?

As some know, I have rewritten some parts of gnumed from scratch because I
needed something urgently for my own clinic.
I am very happy performancewise, it runs without any noticeable delays on low
end machines and starts up very quick (few seconds).

I have deviated a few times from strict normalization where it appeared
reasonable, against my own guidelines.
I have minimized inter-module-dependencies a great deal which might explain
the speedy loading.
I have pruned down the messaging service, and got rid of the multiple layout
manager problem. However, to the dismay of most, I am using my old notebook
paradigm instead of Richards streamlined paradigm.

I hope I find some day the time to comment & fix what needs to be done to
release it back into the CVS. But as it is, since I lost a doctor who was
working in my clinic, I will have close to no time at all until I can recruit
another one

Horst