Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient search in top panel

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient search in top panel
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 19:16:57 +0200

On Friday 04 June 2004 01:21, Richard Terry wrote:
> Someone go ahead and remove it. I never had this feature in my program.
> Simply giving focus to the text box (ie clicking on it) should re-set
> everything and assume a new patient search.

Done. giving focus highlights but does not yet remove the text. Upon first
keystroke highlighted text is removed and your keystrokes appear.

left-clicking on already highlighted text deselects it and positions the
cursor right where you pointed your mouse at.

that way you can search faster for other family members when one member is
active already.

Save you some keystrokes ;-)

> richard
>
> Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> >When starting Gnumed selecting a patient involves clicking into the
> > selction wheel. It displays something like 'no patient' by default. One
> > has to delete the 'no patient' or whatever is there before entering a
> > patient name. I find this rather annoying.
> >
> >Would it be possible / feasible to change this so clicking into the wheel
> >removes wahtever is there?
> >
> >Or maybe only if the wheel contains 'no patient' ? This is a very minor
> > issue. But is ticks me off when testing gui code involving frequent
> > patient changes.
> >
> >I probably could do it myself but maybe someone wants to make me happy :-)
> >Any objections ?

Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany
[www.openmed.org] -> PGP welcome, HTML ->/dev/null
ICQ: 86 07 67 86   -> No files, no URL's
My OS: Suse Linux. Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice

Unterstützen Sie die Entwicklung von freier Software durch Ihren
        Internet - Einkauf unter der Adresse:
http://profiseller.de/shop1/index.php3?ps_id=P1658133