Re: [Gnumed-devel] 2 vs 3 column paradigm.

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] 2 vs 3 column paradigm.
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 16:08:36 +1000

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:52, David Grant wrote:
> Shouldn't everything be resizable by the user anyways?

Of course it should. Window subdivisions should be implemented as sliders.
I'll post tonight my "mini gnumed" framework as wxg (wxGlade) file and *.py
standalone (haven't got it accessible right now) so that people can play with
the look and feel and compare to a rigid design.

Personally, I work with screen sizes from 320*320 (PDA) up to 2048*1600 (at
home), with screen sizes in my practice now being 1280*1024 on medical
desktops, and 1024*768 for my receptionists.

There is no rigid screen division that can do justice to all of these various
screen sizes; and even within the same screen size, the different doctors in
my practices have different preferences re font sizes, colours etc.

Horst