Re: [Gnumed-devel] 2 vs 3 column paradigm.

From: Richard Terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] 2 vs 3 column paradigm.
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 16:49:43 +1000

The issue is not one of re-sizing. Of course the user should be able to resize screen components to suit their own needs.

The issue is more of keeping the visual paradigm clean with the ability to optimally display data within compartments, as the screen dumps show.

BTW Horst, if you read this I'd be interested to see your screens, but as you know I've not got gnumed running on my machine anymore. Will your screens just run using python? with no backend? If not, can you supply some quick screen dumps.

Richard

David Grant wrote:

Richard Terry wrote:

I'd caution against abandoning the 2 column paradigm.

As I've documented many times in the screen dumps, the 2/3 1/3 screen split works well as a compromise between available lists and using the central area for display purposes for reviewing letters/graphs/Xrays/pathology results/inbox/waiting room etc etc etc.

If anyone is interested I could make up a little set of png's as a display to remind people how this works.

Shouldn't everything be resizable by the user anyways?