[Gnumed-devel] Re: installers

From: Dominique Buenzli
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: installers
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 14:09:02 +0200

Hi !

Depends if we host ALL installers at gnumed.org, or only ready-for-use
installers.
Is there agreement on what level of installers to host at gnumed.org
- pre-release
- alpha
- beta
- only final
IMHO stable + latest

I would also say stable + latest... , as we do not have many mac users (I think only Jim tested this installer yet) I would suggest the following for now:

- latest: only tested by me
- stable: tested by me + Jim :-)

Horst advises he is OK to have us host the *compressed* version (18Mb) on the twiki.

If you'd like to try to upload via browser (see caution at bottom), go to
http://hherb.com/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Gnumed/MacOSInstallers

and in the bottom button bar, click the link "Attach"
Caution:

There may be a problem uploading via browser
- as per http://hherb.com/cgi-bin/twiki/view/TWiki/FileAttachment
* <warning.gif> It's not recommended to upload files greater than a few hundred K through a browser. Large files can be extremely slow-loading, and often time out. Use FTP for large file uploads.

Mmmh should I really do that ? Looks like it will certainly time out...
It seems that it is a problem so I can keep it on my dot.mac account for now.
When it will be a problem for me (space) I will tell the list again, and maybe we'll find another solution, if that's ok for everybody...

Dominique

P.S:
By the way permanent address is:
http://homepage.mac.com/dobunzli/gnumed/index.html