Re: [Gnumed-devel] why wxpython/* is not

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] why wxpython/* is not
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 11:50:47 +1000

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 11:22, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > Unfortunately, wxpython 2.5 would require a major server upgrade because
> > of
>
> 2.4 is fine. GnuMed doesn't run with 2.5 and cannot be made
> compatible nicely with both 2.4 and 2.5. We are on 2.4 now.

It doesn't take long to make it compatible with both.

gnumed-mini runs with both w/o hassles, and I do enjoy the antialiased fonts
etc very much even if I haven't used any of the 2.5 specific gimmicks yet
(like the superb new flexible gridbag sizer (which probably allows everything
Richard every dreamt of dynamic user interface modifications - hiding,
showing, row and column spanning, resizing ...) or the HTML lsitbox widget.

The look-and-feel of 2.5 is just so much more "professional".

Horst