Re: [Gnumed-devel] user/_user priviledge separation abolishment

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] user/_user priviledge separation abolishment
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:50:09 +0200

> I have updated the link to the White Papers form the wiki, to interpose
> an alert to this change -- a key deviation from the original White
> Papers.
Yes and no. It is a deviation from the first *implementation*
but NOT a deviation from the *concept* of having read-only
connections most of the time !  We still use read-only
wherever possible. I just decided it's about time to pull the
large kludge we had in place for supporting read-only on
legacy version of PostgreSQL. 7.4 can now be regarded as safe
IMO. I'm sure it's not in Debian stable but I'd be wondering
if it wasn't in testing.