[Gnumed-devel] Busy Cursor Code Snippets

From: Richard Terry
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Busy Cursor Code Snippets
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:29:53 +1000

To whoever may be capable/interested. From the wxPython list are some code
snippets for setting the cursor to (I think) hourglass whilst doing something
(such as finding patient record).

Snipped are a few messages saying what works/doesn't. Perhaps someone with the
ability can insert this say in the find-patient to actually indicate the
program is doing something.

Richard

=============================
 def workingStatus (self, mode):

        self.statusBar.text=mode

        if mode=='Working':

           dowait=wx.wxBusyCursor()

            else:

           dowait=None

When I call the function with this command:
self.workingStatus('Working')
Yes, your solution seems to work visually but now I get an error in the
console:

line 28, in workingStatus

    wx.EndBusyCursor()

line 250, in EndBusyCursor

    return _misc.EndBusyCursor(*args, **kwargs)

wx.core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "wxAssertFailure" failed in
..\..\src\ms

w\utilsgui.cpp(176): no matching wxBeginBusyCursor() for
wxEndBusyCursor()

 I think it should look more like this:

def workingStatus(self, mode):
self.statusBar.text=mode
if mode==;Working':
    wx.BeginBusyCursor()
else:
    wx.EndBusyCursor()

But that being said, I've only used this in the demo code.  If this
function doesn't get called at the end of the time you want the Busy
Cursor, you'll want to move the EndBusyCursor call.