[Gnumed-devel] Re: Info re way data retrieved - 2

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Info re way data retrieved - 2
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 18:56:51 +0200

> 1) in the gmPatientSelector.py I can't seem to get up multiple occurrences of
> the patient.
will check - was a bug

> This window only brings up spock or kirk, not any of the others
> in the database, and certainly not the multiple pop-up list of names where
> search string yeilds >1 name.
OK, later wxPythons don't allow NULL for parent= anymore.

Fixed that (setting parent to self), tested on my machine.

What happens is exceptionally ugly but works (try "leon" for
name fragment).

> 2) In which module is the code to switch tabs
client/wxpython/gmHorstSpace.py

> 3) Transfer of patient data to the gmDemographic textboxes.
>       - After much fiddling It seems that if this line is commented out, the
> data
> is not placed in the textboxds in gmDemographic.py:
>
> #gmPatientHolder.PatientHolder.__init__(self)
>
> So I presume this module is somehow populating the textboxes? If so where can
> I find the code.  If I then want access to this data to populate the
> patientlist, where do I find it.
>
> If someone (karsten/Ian can give me a description of this I'd be greatful.
This code is undocumented and unmaintained. IIRC it was
written by Syan.

> 4) How come the queries are so elemental.
Because they pull in just what is needed.

> Surely it would be better to pull in
> a whole lot of stuff at once, rather than in such a piecemeal way.
If you make more substantial suggestions I might be able to
understand the value of pulling in more data when searching for
a patient's name.

> Now that I have a smattering of python, I'd like a bit of help in understand
> how the data is retrieved. I'm currently browsing the code in gmDemographics
> and gmPatient in an attempt to understand.
Have a look at gmDemographicRecord, too.