Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Info re way data retrieved - 2

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Info re way data retrieved - 2
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 04:42:55 -0400

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 06:56:51PM +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > If someone (karsten/Ian can give me a description of this I'd be greatful.
> This code is undocumented and unmaintained. IIRC it was
> written by Syan.
I must share the blame ;-)

I will post a description to the Wiki as soon as I get time (this
weekend with any luck -- still waiting for another RMO2 to share my
roster with.

> > Surely it would be better to pull in
> > a whole lot of stuff at once, rather than in such a piecemeal way.
> If you make more substantial suggestions I might be able to
> understand the value of pulling in more data when searching for
> a patient's name.
Well, run the search on v_basic_person.

Then, when a patient is loaded, grab addresses
and ID numbers: total 3 queries.

For clinical widgets we should aim for 1 query per screen IMHO.

> > Now that I have a smattering of python, I'd like a bit of help in understand
> > how the data is retrieved. I'm currently browsing the code in gmDemographics
> > and gmPatient in an attempt to understand.
> Have a look at gmDemographicRecord, too.
Epydoc is your friend: http://www.hherb.com/gnumed/api/

Unfortuately this module is absent from the docs: the old "_" not found
problem.
I can't remember what the fix is, Karsten, can you take a look.

Ian