Re: [Gnumed-devel] Progress in multiple patient search

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Progress in multiple patient search
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:52:04 +0200

> I've managed to start dissecting gmPatientSelector.py and fix the
> list/centering etc.
>
> Enclosed is a progress png.
Nice.

> Strikes me that class cPatientPickList(wx.wxDialog): should probably be in a
> single file - as the multiple patient pick list will be used in multiple
> situations in gnumed
Good point.

gmPatientSelector.py renamed to gmPatSearchWidgets.py. If some
code *really* only wants one class from that file it could do

from gmPatSearchWidgets import cPatientPickList

> The code in this really stumped me becausee despite
> self.sizer_main.Fit(self)
> being in the subroutine to draw the gui - the gui doesn't appear unless
> replicated in the main body of the class.
Well, Fit() doesn't make the GUI redraw. It just makes it
recalculate size.

> Anyway - opinions please re removing to own file
IMO factoring out is overkill.

> There are also numerus anomalies in the search logic used to find the
> patients
> - behaviour seems to vary from try to try. When I get closer I'll document
> this so you can have  a close look.
That would be good. The code tries to get it right but it may
try to be overly smart. BTW, --debug allows you to see the
queries being run in the log file.