Re: [Gnumed-devel] Starting a Flame war on nomenclature

From: sjtan
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Starting a Flame war on nomenclature
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 19:51:06 +1000

sjtan wrote:

On the other hand, I had to rewrite the idiom "for ( k, v) in l.items()" several times recently, because I'd forgotten what was in the list l, what the type of v was, and what domain the string k came from !!

sorry, should be m for map, not l for list. But I remember using l a lot for list, which makes things undecipherable too, especially when "for x in l:" is used instead of say "for tableName in l:" or "for widgetKey in l:" straight after.