Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: Soundex

From: Tim Churches
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: Soundex
Date: 23 Aug 2004 05:24:35 +1000

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 03:11, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Because of the obvious thoroughness of the FEBRL approach I
> have always considered that to be the search engine I would
> use in GnuMed 2.0.

And by the time you are ready to start on GNUmed 2.0, Febrl should be
quite mature and ready to be use. I certainly want to push its
development to fulfilling the look-up engine role, as well as being a
batch-oriented linkage engine for epidemiological research purposes.
Note also there is an active project to develop a geocoding engine using
Febrl infrastructure - we have a working prototype which uses the
Australian G-NAF georeferenced address file, but will eventally work
with other such files for other countries.
--

Tim C

PGP/GnuPG Key 1024D/EAF993D0 available from keyservers everywhere
or at http://members.optushome.com.au/tchur/pubkey.asc
Key fingerprint = 8C22 BF76 33BA B3B5 1D5B  EB37 7891 46A9 EAF9 93D0