Re: [Gnumed-devel] address@hidden: Announcing the OpenHRE.org Portal]

From: scaredycat
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] address@hidden: Announcing the OpenHRE.org Portal]
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 20:18:01 +1000

After all, we can't even enter a patient's name into gnuMed, nor records, so merging them isn't a high priority.
It has been able in the past, but I think people wanted something better, so nobody complains when it gets rolled back , and non-visual stuff is further worked on. BTW , just as idle conjecture, what would the performance of a record system that is directories "a b c d ..." and patient surname, firstnames, date of birth as file names, and records as text files , perform like, say with 10,000 patients? i.e. using unix commands find to find the patient record; text editor to change it; scripts to run diff on ~ and original name files, and archiving the diff; grep to read diffs and apply commands such as "script"; cron to create document subdirectories and ln -s to link
to imported documents in  a import document directory.