Re: [Gnumed-devel] Questions re database schema - normalization

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Questions re database schema - normalization
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 08:35:30 -0700

At 11:50 AM +0200 8/31/04, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
a) current policy is to name foreign keys:

    fk_* in tables
    pk_* in views

 e.g COMMENT ON TABLE public.urb IS
        ' id_state' = foreign key to table public.state

er... I had omitted to factor the above (fk_ vs pk_) into yesterday's summary about field naming in which I asked about id_ vs _pk

...but according to the above, is id_state best renamed fk_state?