Re: [Gnumed-devel] the id_name debate

From: Richard Terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] the id_name debate
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 08:31:39 +1000

I remember now why I got the shits with the names just being ID:

It is because, when you are using say a visual designer where you can drag and
drop the joins (like pgaccess) then you can't tell what foreign key is likely
(meant to) be linked to what table!

Wheras if the primary key in street table was id_street, and this key is in
another table you can immediately see what to join.

IMHO I think this is important for ease of use/development/maintainability.

Regards

Richard