Re: [Gnumed-devel] Status of Debian gnumed installers, also port remappi

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Status of Debian gnumed installers, also port remapping/redirection
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 21:46:49 +0200

> Also my ISP is blocking serving through port 443 from my home (they
> want me to pay double for this) so OSCAR is being served from my home
> server via redirect from  port 8443.
Does your provider allow port 8443 to be accessed directly ?
Eg. can you directly connect to port 8443 on your home server ?

If that's the case you should be able to access your PG server
at home fairly easily since it's default port ist 5432, eg.
another high port.

What is the rationale of your ISP to allow 8443 but not 443
and *how* do they allow it ?

Note, that you shouldn't access PG from remote without SSL.
And we have never to date tested SSL access.