Re: [Gnumed-devel] Info and to-do tracking schema

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Info and to-do tracking schema
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 11:06:37 +0200

> But there will also be information and requests for service that come
> into the office from outside, or that arise within the office *but*
> not inside an encounter e.g.
The Belgian model uses "contact" for that, eg. contact between
the EMR and a person. An encounter is then a certain type of
contact, namely where three things are connected: EMR,
caretaker and caregiver.

For now we have aggregated all of them under the label
"encounter", eg encounter between person(s) and EMR. Any
encounter "belongs" to a patient (as in it's at least "about"
a patient) but the patient may not be present - might be
dead, even.

> 1. information (a question or a message) which *may* warrant

> 2. an action that was taken, or which needs to be taken, by the

> Both 1) and 2) would have nearly all the same fields and in fact a
> question requires action, and a message may require action, so these
> could all be housed in a "to_do" table (audited, of course).
>
> How is this sounding, so far?
Sounds reasonable. I would like to eventually have a good
event-action framework inside GnuMed (I suppose some people
call that workflow management ?) but do not have a clear
vision on how to do that so am keen on hearing thoughts.

Anyone have experience with existing workflow tools ?

Can we get away with "simple" workflow implementation ? How ?

I think it is post-0.1.

Anyone know of a workflow tool that would fit into our
framework ?