Re: [Gnumed-devel] loinc import

From: scaredycat
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] loinc import
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:12:00 +1000

couldn't find a import of loinc to sql, so there's one in test-area/loinc directory for postgres. Some of the foreign language field values will look funny, because incompatible unicode characters (for postgres) were excluded using the postgres string.printable list.
Why ?
I could change the locale of the operating system, but I've never done it before, and I still don't know if that would make it work, so I just screened out the characters that didn't fit my python installations locale , and that seemed to work. I just wanted to get the loinc workable in my postgres installation as
quick as possible.