Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: [Gnumed-update] - enhance v_vacc_regimes -> add "

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: [Gnumed-update] - enhance v_vacc_regimes -> add "shots" field holding number of shots for regime
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:46:25 +0200

> On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 12:00:29AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> > - Carlos added passing in possibly bulk-fetched row data w/o
> >   touching the database in __init__()
> > - this is the initial bulk-loader work that is hoped to gain
> >   quite some performance in some areas (think lab results)
> This is excellent stuff.
Carlos' contributions are a steady stream of such stuff.

> Does anyone have any objections to me adding
> similar feaures to gmDemographicRecord?
Fine by me.

> Although I have zero evidence, I strongly suspect the performance gains
> will be order(s) of magnitude.
We trusted your gut feeling !  Now it better pan out ... ;-)

It'll show the more gain the more instances of the same class
are going to be created at once, eg. get_lab_results().

> Regarding gmBlobs:after thinking some more, I think I can achieve
> what I want with just one change: a fk_reviewer field in med_doc
> Is that OK?
Sounds good to me. Care to give some rationale ? Note that I
am not opposed to farther reaching changes. I just want them
to be thought out very well since that part is stable and I
would want to avoid destabilizing it before 0.1. Do you have
any particular use case apart from "this is how it really
*should* be done" ?  (that use case is, btw, a) quite valid
and b) GnuMed style ...)