[Gnumed-devel] re: windows install

From: catmat
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] re: windows install
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 10:36:41 +1100

Syan's soltion is an automated script that modifies all the import statements
throughout the code to match the real file structure.

Of course rename client Gnumed
at the DOS prompt would work too, I have no idea why he doesn't do this,

Ian

carried away with bash.

The windows documents tab works for Kirk's picture, but I think there was a missing import for shutil.

The unix one seemed not to work
I 'll try a re-install of the database , perhaps it's old.

[PANIC] (/home/sjtan/projects/gnumed3/gnumed/gnumed/Gnumed/wxpython/gmPatPicWidgets.py:address@hidden): cannot set patient picture from [/home/sjtan/projects/gnumed3/gnumed/gnumed/client/bitmaps/empty-face-in-bust.png]

[PANIC] (/home/sjtan/projects/gnumed3/gnumed/gnumed/Gnumed/wxpython/gmPatPicWidgets.py:address@hidden): exception type : exceptions.TypeError

[PANIC] (/home/sjtan/projects/gnumed3/gnumed/gnumed/Gnumed/wxpython/gmPatPicWidgets.py:address@hidden): exception value: new_BitmapFromImage() takes at least 1 argument (0 given)

[PANIC] (/home/sjtan/projects/gnumed3/gnumed/gnumed/Gnumed/wxpython/gmPatPicWidgets.py:address@hidden): Traceback (most recent call last):<#10-0x0A-lf>

As to side projects, I gather Carlos is doing a entry widget with a side browser tree ; I'm not sure if Ian is doing the Scintilla auto-completing soap widget / parser
or he's too busy concentrating on his career  ,

just to show gnumed is virtually backend ready, here's some screen shots of the web client ,executed today on the current schema , (the web client , although is functional, doesn't really come up to scratch as a data entry application - have to fiddle between the keyboard and the mouse too much, and it "feels" idiosyncratic ; I got carried away with browser-side javascript DOM api for making web pages dynamic )

The summary side area shows that gnumed can accept entry for health issue/ past history, medications, allergies, vaccinations, and the past notes area shows it accepts
progress notes.  This is also evident in the printable summary page.

I only attached on shot of how medications get entered.

The presenting complaint field, used to update the clin_episode.description sql field, and the rfe and aoe radio buttons aren't working. The form processing logic would probably need
to make the presenting complaint field a rfe narrative clin root item ;
also the old form processing logic used to discriminate which episode an item belonged in based on its description field, and the current hack to make it work may cause some clin root items to be attached
to separate episodes on a health issue ( not what is wanted ).

I gather java is the devil's brew, and I should be drinking php / postgres , correct?

PNG image

PNG image

PNG image

PNG image