[Gnumed-devel] Re: [Gnumed-update] /dev/gnumed :-)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: [Gnumed-update] /dev/gnumed :-)
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 00:16:47 +0100

Hi Hugh,

> I am in urgent need of a rudimentary
How urgent is urgent ? We are slowly getting there to be able
to start the release cycle for an 0.1 version. I just recently
(as in yesterday) posted an updated minimum features list for
0.1. You might want to check the archives to see if that fits
your needs. I suppose this will reach a deployable state
sometime within 2005.

> cheap as possible
Well, we cannot offer much on that front. Hardware,
maintenance and staffing will cost just as much as with any
other package.

> program for my tiny home practice
If you need something today (as in *right now*) I suggest you
take a look at some of the other FOSS solutions (say, TORCH,
TkFP, OpenEMR, OSCAR). Not that I endorse those but I'd want
to point you to some existing things.

> I currently run Mandrake 10, but could also install Debian if you wish.
Shouldn't really make a difference, however, some developers
are on Debian so it *might* help a bit.

> I am unfortunately not a
> programmer, but am very willing to help as a beta tester.
> Is the program currently able to accept some rudimentary record
> keeping?
That somewhat depends on what that means to you. If you more
fully define your use case, eg. what you would GnuMed to be
able to do exactly, we could come up with a better answer. It
is fairly likely that 0.1 will sort of do what you need.

> That is my only absolute requirement at the moment.  If
> so, how can I get a copy?
Download from CVS or from here:

http://193.145.44.114/~ncq/gnumed/snapshot/gnumed-latest-snapshot.tgz

> Manual prescribing via computer would
> also be nice (type my own private prescriptions in order to have
> prescribing recorded on computer).
That is unlikely to happen in 0.1 but fairly surely slated for 0.2.