Re: [Gnumed-devel] little (wiki) project for non-coders

From: David Grant
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] little (wiki) project for non-coders
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:07:18 -0800

J Busser wrote:

At 1:54 AM -0800 1/16/05, David Grant wrote:

J Busser wrote:

As a temporizing measure, David put these under "Other" on the main page. I would propose to move them under a different parent (probably one needs to be created) and to cross-link from the DevelopmentReference page. What name would be suitable?

BootstrapContent?

Let's not forget, they don't see "Other" as a parent. "Other" is just a page which links to those pages. You can go and create BootstrapContent and just add [[MedicalHistory]] and the others to it. Then delete the [[Other]] page. Forgive me if you already knew all this.

the above, I did already know

You just used the word "parent", which isn't technically correct so I wanted to make sure it was clear.

A further clarification could be helpful into the value of (for example) resetting the parent to be a topic to which Liz's content more naturally relates... something like "Clinical batteries" intended to be part of the bootstrap content.

I had seen a TWiki page/plugin/function which permits the parent of a topic to be changed, it must serve a purpose. I surmised it would rewrite the pages to a different "hard" location within the directory tree which I assumed is what is being shown at the page bottoms as "you are here" and IMHO this does have some informational value.

Jim, I was wrong all along in what I was talking about. Articles in twiki do seem to have parent articles, as well as articles in which they are linked from, which can be completely different things. The parent article is set from the "more topic actions" menu. Sorry for my confusion. I think this is a new feature in the new twiki version which we now have. I had no seen that "you are here" thing, and yes that is useful. So forget everything I said in that previous email.

Perhaps there is a twiki script which can allow us to view the index of pages, but indented, taking care of parent/child relationships. Then we can check for errors.

Thanks,
Dave

--
David J. Grant