Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problems with gmPG.py

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problems with gmPG.py
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 18:02:53 +0100

>> [PANIC] (/home/ian/gnumed/gnumed/Gnumed/pycommon/gmPG.py:address@hidden):
        OperationalError: ERROR:  Cannot set current language to [en_AU].
        No translations available.<#10-0x0A-lf><#10-0x0A-lf>
> How can this be fixed? IOW, how do we register server-side translations ?

1) you don't *have* to get rid of the messages

2) if you do want to add a EN->EN translation (eg. to get rid of the
   Americanisms) then follow the procedure in:
    Wiki
     Documentation Center
      GnuMed Manual
       Developer Guide
        The Backend
         how to add a translation

3) if you just wanted to silence the GnuMed client about the
   local and database locale being different thus not
   bothering you with that message over and over again you
   might just follow the advice in the message box

>> [WARN]  (/home/ian/gnumed/gnumed/Gnumed/pycommon/gmCfg.py:address@hidden):
>> config file [/home/ian/.gnumed/config-definitions/gnumed.conf.definitions]
>> not found
> This files exist in /home/ian/gnumed/gnumed/client/etc/
> gmCfg should be able to look in the auto-detected resource path (gb =
> gmGuiBroker (), then  "gb['gnumed_dir']" like every other package.
No. gmCfg tries to not know anything about GnuMed. It even
imports gmPG only if cCfgSQL is instantiated, eg lazy. But you
can always hand it some path if you think that is necessary.

> Also these log levels should be downgraded (the path-searching commentary
> should be "INFO")
Done.

>> [WARN]
>> (/home/ian/gnumed/gnumed/Gnumed/pycommon/gmConfigCommon.py:address@hidden):
>> No definition source found for gnumed.conf
> Same again, I assume.
IMO no but Hilmar knows better.

> > [WARN]  (/home/ian/gnumed/gnumed/Gnumed/pycommon/gmCfg.py:address@hidden):
> > option definition for [<config file example
> > workplace>-xxxDEFAULTxxx-None-widgets.demographics.patientlist.column_sizes]
> >  not in
> > [WARN]  (/home/ian/gnumed/gnumed/Gnumed/pycommon/gmCfg.py:address@hidden):
> > option definition for
> > [None-xxxDEFAULTxxx-None-widgets.demographics.patientlist.column_sizes] not
> > in config database
> And many similar. Hilmar, are these just a consequence of the above?
The database seems improperly bootstrapped. Workable, but
lacking some amenities.

> > [PANIC]
> (/home/ian/gnumed/gnumed/Gnumed/wxpython/gmPatPicWidgets.py:address@hidden):
> exception type : exceptions.TypeError
> > [PANIC]
> (/home/ian/gnumed/gnumed/Gnumed/wxpython/gmPatPicWidgets.py:address@hidden):
> exception value: new_BitmapFromImage() takes at least 1 argument (0 given)
> This is weird. Can someone running wx 2.4 confirm what I suspect (that it's
> a 2.5-specific problem), and I'll add an appropriate if statement
Go ahead adding the ifdef. Nearly all the image stuff is unreliable at best in
2.4.