[Gnumed-devel] front wiki page

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] front wiki page
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:26:32 +0100

Jim,

software development has been touting the idea of
activity-based programming, eg define the tasks and make their
solutions accessible.

I don't think this applies to websites the same. One should
rather ask what type of people come to the wiki for
information ?

a) users
b) developers
c) undecided people

I think a) should have a link that tells them "Go here for
being supported as a USER". Getting started is IMO much to
task-oriented and focussed. They are users ! They don't really
know yet what they want other than being users... They want to
be taken to their own cozy little corner which then offers
"Getting started", "Cuddle up with the tutorial", "Ponder
becoming a contributor of clinical content", etc.

b) should immediately see "Ah, I click on Developers Corner
and find everything I need". The current developers corner is
overly abstract.

c) should be sent to some or all of the docs