[Gnumed-devel] Dictionary Question

From: Richard Terry
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Dictionary Question
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 20:18:00 +1100

Karsten et al,

Can you help me with something simple.

I want to read the contents of a text box
 eg  line1 = self.text1..GetValue() ?is this the way as it seems to work
        line2 = self.text2..GetValue() etc
Then I want to be able to put these into a dictionary

mydict = {}
mydict[0] = line1, line2, line3, line4, line5

if I print out mydict (as you can see I put drug stuff in it) I get this:

{0: (u'', u'omeprazole', u'omeprazole magnesium', u'Losec Tablets', u'20mg',
u'1 mane')}

This looks like a dictionary structure but has a 'u' character before each
string?

Any help appreciated.

richard