Re: Re: [Gnumed-devel] NOT pretty XUL?!?

From: Tim Churches
Subject: Re: Re: [Gnumed-devel] NOT pretty XUL?!?
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:32:46 +1100

Tim Churches <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thilo Schuler wrote:
>
> > Hi Tim,
> >
> > I have been trying to approach you with this. I would like to know
> > more about your XUL explorations and why you thought it's not pretty.
>
> > Maybe I have to reconsider the implementation tools.
> >
> > I am in SYD too, so we can either discuss it via email or I give you
> > ring or even meet with you.
> >
> > Hope you didn't purposely ignore my other attemps and this is just
> > another annoyance... ;)
>
> Thilo,
>
> Go ahead and assess XUL and PyXPCOM yourself. Don't allow my comments
> to  bias you.

Thilo (and others if interested),

Further to that, have a look atteh ttorial on XUL app development at
http://xulplanet.com/tutorials/xulapp/

If you follow the tutorial carefully you should end up with a simple
working app. If you get *anything* wrong it will fail completely and you're
unlikely to see any debug output indicating where the problem lies. And
there are a **lot** of files to check through looking for the error
despite this being a trivial application.

The whole thing seems incredibly fragile and at this stage poorly documented.

Tim C