[Gnumed-devel] Re: twiki and moin moin

From: J Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: twiki and moin moin
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 23:03:45 -0800

At 5:31 PM -0800 3/2/05, David Grant wrote:
Someone said that we haven't invested in anything wiki-specific, and that's not true. Jim and others have invested a lot of time adding content, and the content is twiki-specific.

Actually *I* said it, but should have been clearer.

We have not married ourselves to requiring any particular wiki's *features*, and have not yet taken deliberate advantage of any of TWiki's particular features.

However just by building content, and in so doing using some of TWiki's syntax which is not handled exactly the same as other wikis, I realized after I spoke that the portability is not all that clean.

Therefore if there was a big reason to move to another wiki, I could reconcile myself to manually help with some clean up. But short of a "big" or "special" reason, it should not be for a problem with TWiki which, with a bit of perseverance, could be quite solvable.