Re: [Gnumed-devel] Horst's GnuMed offer (was: Re: GPs split on software

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Horst's GnuMed offer (was: Re: GPs split on software ads)
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 18:21:46 +1100

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 17:54, Richard Terry wrote:
> So Horst, how come all this effort in mini-gnumed which by your own
> admission is not normalised, integrates with a solitary commercial program.
> How come you are not programming for gnuMed main any more??

1.) Because I needed fixes for deficiencies in medibase quick, as i overnight.
It is bolt-ons to medibase which have gradually evolved to something that
soon can run standalone

2.) When I have the time, I adapt it to gnumed main

Look, as anybody else, I need software to run my practice day to day. When I
bought my practice, gnumed wasn't ready. So I bought a commercial program as
interim solution.
I wasn't entirely happy with it, and since it uses Firebird as backend and I
am on good terms with the developer, I wrote simple add-ons, both web
interface with PHP and GUI modules with wxPython.

I showed some of it to David Chan from OSCAR when he was here recently, he may
comment on what he has seen. I had the impression he liked it.

Horst