Re: [Gnumed-devel] wells score - how to store it ?

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] wells score - how to store it ?
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:57:36 +0200

Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

IMHO the easiest way to store this and the most robust one  is the following:

1. store one line or entry in clin_narrative describing the name and result of
the test (e.g. (GCS: 5))
2. link from clin_narrative to some generalized table where the results for the
test can be found, one test item and its value per row.
3. Build the GUI however you want (forms, hand rolled).

This should keep it sweet and simple and you can build the whole functionality
in single steps (clin_narrative first, generalized tables later).

Everything else will lead to an unlimited growth of specialiced tables/code -
which one day we will be unable to handle for almost every advanced feature we
might introduce in the future (statistics on score item results, conversion to
some new db schema, input/data retrieval from applications other than gnumed).

Hilmar