Re: [Gnumed-devel] Add user?

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Add user?
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 08:27:13 +0200

> > Believe it or not this is an ongoing source of frustration on this list.
> >
> I agree, it's always incredible to hear Horst and Karsten say "we are
> using [components of] gnumed in our practices today" and show little
> interest is developing this most basic functionality.
Lack of time does not equal lack of interest. Lack of talking
about it does not either. And mind you I/we *are* going to
develop working demographic functionality eventually (before
0.1, that is). If so it is not going to be anything as nice as
others may want it but rather very barebones and basic. It'll
do the 0.1 job, though.

> I suspect this is because they are grabbing demographic data from
> other sources
yes

> I would be interesting to hear from Karsten how he does this
The commercial EMR system my parents use allows to call
external software and passes in a well-structured text file
containing patient data. All the connector/parser code is in CVS
(client/connectors/). An example of what the file format "looks
like" is in gnumed/data/BDT/.