Re: [Gnumed-devel] pre release todo

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] pre release todo
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 22:57:55 -0800

At 3:04 PM +0100 3/25/05, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
On to more important matters.
Does setting up new mailing lists work again?

Karsten has had access to (trying to create) mailing lists but tells me it didn't work. The following is from an admin web page at Savannah:

Automatic mailing list creation is temporarily not available. We need to work on some parts of Savannah, mainly handle multiple mail domains in Savane.

Meanwhile, we can create it quickly manually.
Please log in to... (instructions for submitting the request)

We have so far 2 public lists (gnumed-devel, gnumed-update) and 1 private (gnumed-announce)

gnumed-devel (81 subscribed)
"information exchange for gnumed developers and contributors"

gnumed-update
"This list informs about relevant file updates within the gnumed project"
- is this meant to inform about updates to CVS
- are file updates *other* than CVS (like binaries) proposed to be advertised
   on gnumed-announce?
- this list is accumulating (mostly) spam, see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-update/2005-04/index.html
... shall I re-classify it as "private"? Will that cause anything we need to bounce?

gnumed-announce
- announcements regarding the gnumed project (low volume)

Sebastian had in mind:

gnumed-users
gnumed-documentation
gnumed-public-relations
gnumed-business

From Savannah, the pattern for GNU projects is one of:
        *       address@hidden
        *       address@hidden
        *       address@hidden
        *       address@hidden
        *       address@hidden

Is it expected that gnumed-devel members will direct certain postings to the new list INSTEAD of onto gnumed-devel? Or do we expect that they will continue to post everything to gnumed-devel? So that the new lists would only be of interest to people not already on gnumed-devel?