[Gnumed-devel] notebooked progress note input

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] notebooked progress note input
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 17:19:13 +0200

Ian, Richard,

given your advice and having struggled with the multisash I
have decided to take the plunge for 0.1 with a notebooked
progress note input widget. Not that the multisash approach is
faulty in principle - I have seen it in action in a real-world
EMR with a large user base in the Netherlands - but "our"
implementation thereof is unwieldy (though being a second
restart already).

The basic notebook widget can be found in gmSOAPWidgets.py.

What is the proposed workflow ?

Upon selection of a new patient:

- immediately open progress note editors for all active
  problems ?

- only open progress note editors on demand ?

And then:
- have a dummy tab labelled "new progress note" which by
  clicking on adds a new unassociated progress note editor
  notebook page ? This tab would always stay at the right-most
  position of all tabs.

Further hints ?

I sincerely hope this will get us to a more robust 0.1 not any
later than if we had kept the multisash approach only (which
isn't lost but merely not singled out anymore).