Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed / ebuild / install.sh

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed / ebuild / install.sh
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:59:06 +0200

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 06:35:23PM +0200, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> Does GNUmed create a reasonable config file if none is available ?
No, it can't. It would require additional code to ask for
server, port, database name in the absence of a profile. But
we might put that before the actual login dialog ...

> I remember the gnumed.sh file I provide does copy the config file to a user's
> home dir.
it does

> Maybe we should drop that.
for the time being it should just copy it from doc/gnumed/example/...

> But in that case we need to make a user aware of the situation that he or she
> needs to provide a reasonable config file. This is unusual. I can't think of
> a program which does not run without a config file.
I am uneasy about building in support for a "default" EMR
server. You don't want to automatically point people to
someone's EMR. We could point it to the public server,
though. Which is liable to change every now and then. Which
may be fine.