Re: [Gnumed-devel] capturing GNUmed use

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] capturing GNUmed use
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 10:22:04 +0200

The output produced by xvidcap is running too fast. This is due to xvidcap
dropping frames on slow machines.

The fact that those movies don't run in MediaPlayer just shows the quality of
this software (or lack of).

But before you call us ignorant we do our best to provide you with video that
even MediaPlayer users can watch. We have failed to produce such a viedo with
free codes and cannot use your beloved wmf. Thank MS for that.

I recommend you get a decent video player for your OS which happens to be
either VLC or MPlayer. Extend them with a codec pack and you are ready to go.

Until then I am afraid we have to live with blocky, fast running mpegs/avi
videos.

I appreciate any notice on where to find free alternatives. If you happen to
know of such a thing even on MS Windows I would be glad to hear about it.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany