[Gnumed-devel] Newbie

From: hamish steiner
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Newbie
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 22:01:48 +1000

I just downloaded GnuMed from CVS. Im on win XP, Python 2.4, have all required files etc.
I have put the files in C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\GnuMed
When I run gnumed.py  it stops at the first check,

ie
CRITICAL ERROR: Cannot load GNUmed Python modules ! - Program halted.

Please make sure you have:

- the required third-party Python modules installed
- the GNUmed Python modules installed in site-packages/
- your PYTHONPATH environment variable set up correctly

If you still encounter errors after checking the above
rquirements please ask on the mailing list.

Any suggestions?? Do I need to get the
C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\GnuMed\gnumed\gnumed\client\pycommon
pycommon folder and move it to 'site-packages'???
Suggestion??

Just out of interest, I am quite new to python. I am trying (almost finished) to write a small program that looks at the Medical Director patient database, extracts the names from it and then lets my staff at the front desk enter a short message. Ie David Brown needs script for aropax. The program then wraps this message in a .PIT and send it to the medical director folder.(Yes I use MD). Then when I go to look at results the message is there, and I can open the patients file. The advantage of this over
most messaging stuff is that all messages are recorded in the patients file.

Hamish Steiner