Re: address@hidden: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Newbie]

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Newbie]
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 23:27:44 +0200

On Wednesday 28 September 2005 21:31, you wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from hamish steiner <address@hidden> -----

> > Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Newbie
> >
> > Thanks, Ill try that.Does Gnumed work with python 2.4 ok.??I did try the
> > windows installer and nothing happenes when I run it(from the windows
> > start program gnumed menu.)
I have not tested GNUmed with python 2.4. but it should run.
You have to change the content of the gnumed.bat file because it looks for
python 2.3 I think.

The installer needs to be improved to find python automatically and adapt the
gnumed.bat automatically.

One user reported the following :
Upon trying to run GNUmed, I waited and waited
and... surely it could not take THAT long for even the client login
screen to open... and I realized the batch file would not run correctly
because in English, Windows' C: directory for programs is "Program
Files" not "Programme". But neither substituting Program Files in
quotations or escaping with a caret (^) would work, until after much
searching I finally found something describing "8.3 versions of...
filenames" which taught me that evidently one must use "PROGRA~1"
http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/e/4/1e4b15b1-2253-492a-b59e-ddaec6c2e740/msvc.doc

So in two places in the batch file must be substituted PROGRA~1

     set PYTHONPATH=..\;%PYTHONPATH%
     set PATH=%PATH%;c:\\Python23
     REM set LANG=de_DE

     cd c:\
     cd PROGRA~1
     cd GNUmed-client
     python ./bin/gnumed.py
     --conf-file=C:\PROGRA~1\GNUmed-client\gm-0_1.conf --debug

I hope this helps. If not please ask me again or on the mailing list.
Unfortunately I have my finals in less then 3 weeks so I cannot spend time
researching this issue. But trust me it is something very simple.

Just dive into the directory gnumed was installed , change the batch file and
please try again. Please make sure you have all prequistes installed as
listed in our WIKI. If BOA runs you should be good to go but there are more
prerequisites than BOA needs.

I copy this to the mailing list so other people might offer support as well.
The situation will improve once I passed my finals.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany