Re: address@hidden: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Newbie]

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Newbie]
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 23:57:54 +0200

On Wednesday 28 September 2005 23:41, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> I don't see any reason why it should not run with Python 2.4.
>
> > Just dive into the directory gnumed was installed , change the batch file
> > and please try again. Please make sure you have all prequistes
> > installed...
>
> ... by running check-prerequisites.sh
Yeah right, on Windows :-)
Better run check-prequisites.py which is called by check-prerequisites.sh

I am not sure if the shell script does more than just call the *.py file.

By the way. I have used BOA on Linux for some time but after a while you get
used to edit python files directly instead of using BOA. BOA is nice but I
often broke the code it generates by making modifications to the files
directly. BOA is nice for learning wxwidgets but after a while it won't cope
with your modifications per design.

In the end I switched to eric3 on Linux which suits me fine.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany