[Gnumed-devel] Re: lab data/blobs/tracking

From: J Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: lab data/blobs/tracking
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 13:33:28 -0700

At 6:17 PM +0200 10/23/05, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
Well, as I see it, GNUmed does not yet try to create a
complete all-encompassing chart of clinical, admin,
financial etc etc chart of a patient. For the time being we
concentrate on the clinical aspect (which most OSS EMRs lack
severely).

I agree that any temptation to enable "supporting" workflow not introduce flaws in the clinical design, which we wish always to always be safe, always be (at least) "good enough", and (occasionally) superb.

The tracking table, over and above its indexing/linking of content, will lend itself nicely to making sure that what needs to be seen *is/was* seen and can also easily enough be *seen again*. So are we agreed GNUmed is at this point able to consider not only the "structure", "mapping" and "input" of data but also construction of clinical (not admin) workflow?

So part of the purpose/value of what I asked, and Karsten's replies, is to help keep clear any separation of the administrative and clinical parts? And also, that I might try to maintain an inventory, so that when it comes time for anyone to work on practice management, these unaddressed pieces, and their relationship to what is already implemented in GNUmed, might be more effectively planned?