[Gnumed-devel] Bad news from salaam - Rescue needed, not fatal

From: Carlos Moro
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Bad news from salaam - Rescue needed, not fatal
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 21:02:29 +0100 (CET)

Hello all,

I´ve received a mail from IT department with really bad news: after they got the power supply they discovered that the motherboard is completely dead becouse of the power cut. They didn´t even told me about a new machine, so I think the most important task for us is to recover for once all our contents.

There´s an additional inconvenience, I´m not in Barcelona and won´t return until 16th december :( . But they will help us in the operation, and also my professor. Until news from us, the machine is well and securely stored.

These are the options:

1. Ask them to plug the hard-disk and backup our contents and email to any on the list. Which were exactly our directories? Please correct and add those missing:
        /var/www/twiki
       ... (how was your home named, Karsten?)
      ...others with scripts for doc, db-schemas, etc...

2. Plug the hd as slave in my professors box and coordinate (even by telephone) a basic and punctual telnet session for rcopy the contents.

3. Wait until I am there... maybe it´s so long....

4. Other...

I´m really sorry for all this :(
I really hope we can reacover all along this week or so...

Best regards,
Carlos

Correo Yahoo!
Comprueba qué es nuevo, aquí