[Gnumed-devel] Listing of my prescription Tables

From: Richard Terry
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Listing of my prescription Tables
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 08:51:58 +1100

Well, I'm back from South America, no-one missed me I'm sure as I've not been
contributing to the list.

However I would like a summary from someone as to what is happening.

Ian et Al,

I briefly noted (prehaps not accurately as I've only scanned some posts,
debate on prescribing again.

As this list should know I have a complete and brilliantly fast and automated
script writer which has been in constant use since 1995. Im not sure why the
list wants to continually re-invent the wheel.

If interested I enclose some script table definitions. Note that the way drug
data is saved means that individual drug names/generic data/formatulations
etc ARE NOT SAVED ON A PER-PATIENT PRESCRIPTION BASIS, but simply to a table
in the database which starts with nothing in it and expands as the doctor
prescribes (Script_Rx_Details). As we use a limited number of drugs it should
never get very big. This table itself could be normalised further but in
practical terms I never found the need to do that.

Also I noted comments on MIMS stuff. Remember I did negotiate an exclusive
contract with MIMS for us around data - ie free provision of data for use in
gnuMed for demonstration purposes on an ongoing basis, the provision being
for 6 month old data.

I gave up on finalising this because of seeming lack of interest at the time,
but would be willing to try and complete if there is any interest.

It may also interest the list to know that I'm sitting on a software
evaulation committee at the moment, evaluating AU medical software for
recommendation for use by Newcastle GP's. We now have an operational  closed
broadband network, the software will be usedeventuallyt probably by all GP's,
our hospital based after hours clinics, nursing homes etc, and will be
accessable from anywhere including home etc. Sad to see gnuMed is not
included. I guess when the project is completed that will remove some 400+
GP's from the loop of ever being likely to use gnuMed.

Sadly I feel the software programs being looked at are pretty dumb, shit
really, however that is what is out there, and doctors know no better.

Regards

Richard