Re: [Gnumed-devel] Listing of my prescription Tables

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Listing of my prescription Tables
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 23:19:45 +0100

On Sunday 27 November 2005 22:51, Richard Terry wrote:
> Well, I'm back from South America, no-one missed me I'm sure as I've not
> been contributing to the list.
Richard,

Welcome back.

> However I would like a summary from someone as to what is happening.
>
> Ian et Al,
>
> I briefly noted (prehaps not accurately as I've only scanned some posts,
> debate on prescribing again.
Not accurately, indeed. Take you time reading through the posts.

> As this list should know I have a complete and brilliantly fast and
> automated script writer which has been in constant use since 1995. Im not
> sure why the list wants to continually re-invent the wheel.
Untrue. We are not trying to reinvent anything. Glad to have you back so you
can be an active part of the development process. Please remember we still
have quite different ideas on *how* to develop GNUmed. This did not change
during your absence, I am afraid.

A prescription module seems to be there for Australia and asked for by
Autralian GNUmed developers. May I suggest you (Ian, you, Horst) team up to
develop something that fits your needs. Karsten and I are still driving
development but be assured we have no interest in keeping you from extending
GNUmed in any way you want. Just when it comes to what is good for all of us
that's when democracy or dictatorship kicks in.

> If interested I enclose some script table definitions. Note that the way
> drug data is saved means that individual drug names/generic
> data/formatulations etc ARE NOT SAVED ON A PER-PATIENT PRESCRIPTION BASIS,

On a side note I would prefer if you mark emphasis for a paragraph with *foo*.
Thank you very much.

> Also I noted comments on MIMS stuff. Remember I did negotiate an exclusive
> contract with MIMS for us around data - ie free provision of data for use
> in gnuMed for demonstration purposes on an ongoing basis, the provision
> being for 6 month old data.
Excellent. Even if less useful in Germany than in Australia I would appreciate
if you made the effort to complete the effort so we have a stable basis for
further development. Even older (12+ months) data means more to me than
*potentially* newer data.

> I gave up on finalising this because of seeming lack of interest at the
> time, but would be willing to try and complete if there is any interest.
Interest often arises once you are able to present something. That is how it
works in Germany. May I refer to the postings on LinuxWorldExpo here.

> It may also interest the list to know that I'm sitting on a software
> evaulation committee at the moment, evaluating AU medical software for
> recommendation for use by Newcastle GP's. We now have an operational
> closed broadband network, the software will be usedeventuallyt probably by
> all GP's, our hospital based after hours clinics, nursing homes etc, and
> will be accessable from anywhere including home etc. Sad to see gnuMed is
> not included.
Not much Karsten and I can do about this. If you are interested on how many
input there is in terms of coding please visit
cvsmonitor.gnotary.de/cvsmonitor.pl

Other than that I will continue developing version 0.2 librarian.
Opportunities come and go at least here in Germany. Nothing I loose sleep
over.
> I guess when the project is completed that will remove some
> 400+ GP's from the loop of ever being likely to use gnuMed.
Sad for Australia. I can only repeat myself. Come up with a business model,
set up a GNUmed shop in Australia and hack like they hack in Australia. This
is far better than waiting for German coders to hack GNUmed Australia.

Anyway,
Welcome back and let my marking words not spoil your effort.

> Sadly I feel the software programs being looked at are pretty dumb, shit
> really, however that is what is out there, and doctors know no better.
Maybe you can gently show them what parts are not quite as good and open their
mind for alternatives. Open source is a broad concept after all. Nothing you
ca talk someone into in a few hours.

Regards,
Sebastian Hilbert
--